What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. derbyensis

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Does anyone grow it, and how had is it to grow? I just saw a picture of it on wikipedia and liked it. Thanks everyone.

Ron (RL7836) grows it. He got some seed through me last NASC auction.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ June 16 2006,9:15)]Ron (RL7836) grows it. He got some seed through me last NASC auction.
Yup. I've only been growing this species for a bit over a year. So far, the several clones I grow act like the other hairy species in this group. They like high intensity light, high temperatures and decent humidity. They grow in Northern Australia where it gets very hot and usually have distinct wet and dry seasons.

There's a tremendous amount of info in the forums on this and similar species (D. ordensis & D. lanata for example). Searches here on Terra & cpuk will yield a huge amount of information (much more than I could ever share here) and great pics. The threads will also show some of the highs and lows as we slowly learn what keeps these guys happy.

Thanks for the info. Then I will just need to find some seed or plants after that. Thanks again.

Back