What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. cistiflora

Hey, this is my first of the "tuberous" type drosera, and it's not really tuberous. It's a winter-growing South African sundew that dies down to thick roots in the summer. Right now, it's ended it's rosette stage and is just starting to climb. Check it out:

19655598.jpg

It should get 8 to 12 inches tall. Woohoo!

Capslock

Wooh! Nice! Looks like it's plenty ready to start climbing.

Nice looking dew Capslock.

You lucky (insert explative here) right now D. cistiflora is my grail. Will get one just need to wait till next Sept. anywho that's a good lookin' plant.

What colour form is it? I have the purple flower and the giant red flower form. Though they have not actually done anything to prove it yet...

Nice plant, Max!

Wow, pretty!

Not sure what color form, Pyro. It was just labeled D. cistiflora.

Hey, I know you can propagate this from rosette leaves, can I do that even now that it's started to climb? I'll try regardless.

Zak, call up California Carnivores. At the last BACPS meeting, a semi-representative brought a whole tray of them for sale. I'm sure they have more.

Capslock

If that is the CC clone then it is probably the pink flower form. I heard a while back that was the only form Pete had (though things might have changed sine I heard that.)

I have had success with leaf cuttings from every part of the plant except the absolute top most ones. Rosette leaves are usually more prolific producers though, I have gotten a plantlette from basically every gland!! And sometimes I even gett new plants without trying, having them sprout off the tips that are touching the media.

That's a pretty cool plant you got there. I've always wanted a D. cistiflora, or any old winter growing South African dew.

-Ben

Back