What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. 'carbarup'

I was just sent a Drosera 'Carbarup'. I was told it might need special care...can anyone enlighten me? Do I use a standard half peat/half sand potting mix? Any other special care needed?

Thanks!

I received gemmae of it and several others earlier this year. I just put them in a pipette dispenser container with sand & peat. They sprouted and are at a SW window sill. I water it 3-4 times a week. I do nothing special. It, as well as most of my other pigmy dews, are sending up flower stalks. Beginner's luck?

I haven't had any trouble from mine; it grows well. I have it in the standard peat/sand, under a cf growlight.

D. x 'carbarup' is the only pygmy that has never given me problems - I have mine growing in peat/sand, I usually have a cup w/hole punched on top to maintain humidity, but that's only because I'm in a dry area.

In my opinion one of the easiest of the pygmy Drosera species. I use a 70/30 sand/peat for most of my pygmy species.

Back