What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. Capillaris

Does anyone know when the seeds of a Capillaris are good to take from the plant? The wild plants I found have a few large seed pods coming off of a single shoot. Some are black and sagging towards the ground, others still have spots of green.

They freeze solid in the winter, so the seeds will probably need to be stratified right? For how long, and at actual freezing temperature, or just chilled?

Another question: can I take root or leaf cuttings from these plants? Should I use the same medium they came in or a mixture of ground peat moss and sand?

thanks

collect seed once all the pods have blackened. They do require a stratfication period for about 1-2 months of coldness, chilled is fine, freezing is not required. I bleive leaf cuttings is possible, just pluck off a leaf or two and place on a damp mix of peat/sand.

Back