What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis troubles?

i got a Drosera capensis about a month ago and it still seems ok but the lower leaves dew dries up and the part of the leave with all the dew starts to die off and the stem of it starts to get red splotches and die off, so i was wondering if there was a specific reason my plants dying off?

hmmm... lets c first of, welcome to the forums
biggrin.gif

2ndly, did u put it in full sun right away? it need to be acclimated, and if it wasnt it is prob sunburnt. aslong as their are more growth coming from the center of the plant, it should be fine
biggrin.gif

also, it should be sitting in pure water (pure meaning rain water, RO, distilled, or deionized water), and in a fairly high humidity (60% of above)
Best wishes,
Hellz

thanks hellz, i been using distilled and they havent been getting too much sun as i havent been leaving them outside whil im gone, and our humidity lately has been up around 80-90% so its been hella muggy

the leaves could just be old or it could be the fact that capensis doesnt need that high of humidity. ive been keeping mine in a rubbermaid sitting in about 1 inch of water under 4-4 ft florecents and they are doing wonderfully as are all my sundews. there is no lid so the humidity can escape. i would say its around 50-60% humidity with excellent air circulation.

Rattler

Back