What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis "red"really wanted to live

with all my carnivorouse plants taken from me after an ugly seperation I found allmost all my plants dead when I was given them back. My terrarium of tropical Drosera was left outside (my wifes new boyfriend didnt want then in "my" his bedroom) and so was trown outside and had to make it through a western Oregon winter. In Feb. 2010 I was able to go back to the house to retrieve my plants and all my dews were dead except one. on a 18" stem was a small capensis clinging to life. I cut two inches of the stem off and planted it into lfs and put under a strong compact light. today that little plant that survived snow and short freezes has leaves three inches long and a bright red color. Its an incredible little plant. Jack

sorry about the misfortunes at home.. but at least you have a strong little CP to start over with.

That's sad yet amazing. One little plant just stays alive, and in the process creates an even more resilient plant that is on its way to world domination

A while back my house got broken into and all of my tarantulas and roaches got stolen, with the exception of one tub of dubia roaches. I raised those roaches into a large colony, traded them, traded the trades, and eventually built it all back to a $10,000 collection of tarantulas and roaches. Sometimes it just takes one little thing to bounce back..

Back