What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. Capensis 'Red Leaf' culture pics

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
Playing with my new camera and decided to take some pics of the D. Capensis 'red leaf' cultures that are starting to grow up. These are 4 weeks old, I think I might have at least a hundred if not two sprouting.

Click for larger size:

Nice :D the color indicate the hormones right ?
I am buying that exact camera soon have the money..

does that jar glow in the dark??? haha jk

woah, what's that? the green water..... what's it for. what is it at all?

Nathan, AWSOME site. Your 'grow list ' and 'greenhouse' links on your site link to the same Nep page.
Tom

Growing CP's in mutagen, cool ;)

Gatorade

hehe, they are growing in Agar media which is just an old timey form of Jello. A blend of vitamins are added with sugar and water. This stage will produce plant growth, the next stage will transfer the seedlings to other jars with a different mixture to promote root growth.

And while it doesn't glow in the dark Dm, I'll buy neon dye next time and try one under a black light for you.

Tom thanks for the site tip! I just put the site together and don't have a lot of content on it yet, so it looks like it loops around in circles. In time it should smooth out.

-Nate

Back