What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis 'Giant' getting freakin' huge

I have a 4 month old Giant too, and yea, they're freakin huge. When they pop up as seedlings, it is completely unbeleivable that it could be a sundew. Anyway, my leaf blades are about 1 3/4 inches long, but my freind that I got the seed from has one with 4 inch dew blades. And the crowns get HUGE!!! So make sure you make room for him.

Well I want giant formm;
I have capensis heaven in my tank it is super bright and farely warm. I have 4,000 lumens in a 10 gallon tank.
Well I am just putting out a small want for this guy.

this might just be me but it doesnt look particularily large...........ive grown some big capensis......easiest way is to make sure there is just one in the pot and give it a ton of light......when yah crowd them they stay smaller.......

It doesn't seem very big to me, either. Hell it might just be a regular D. capensis.

-Ben

Could be. I can't remember where I got it from but it was given to me as "giant."

Mine are far apart;
the typical has 1.5 inch leafs (2 inch ?)
or so leafs so I think no crowdeing plus lightsd = big capensis...

I have some baby capensis "giant" (Thanks Ben!) probably offspring from that same plant. I can't wait until mine are that size! Gawd I love capensis.

Nice. Its weird I can grow rosette sundews no problem but capensis just dies for me.

Back