What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis all red and very red D. falconeri

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Just thought I'd share a picture of my D. capensis all red. It's looking pretty dang red and is currently in flower. Interesting that the flowers open so low in comparison to all my others. Pot is 3 1/4" square, so the plant is pretty big too.
Enjoy :)

I was PMed for a better picture... So I took my "real" camera to the green house last night... Here is the picture

Sweet lookin plant man! I justscored a couple oof these a few weeks ago- they were green but it only took a couple days to turn them deep red in full sun ;) (yes, I know I should have been more "careful" but I wanted ACTION)

Funny how much the plant looks like D.linearis in the fens north of here, if it weren't for the flowers I would have had a hard time on the ID, weird

Nice looking plant! Now that's how mine looked when I received it from another hobbyist. It looks more like a 'typical' when receiving only window sill light and my 15 hour photoperiod under a shoplight isn't much better. What lighting (type and hours) are you using to maintain the redness?

IMG_0033.jpg

Strausplants0221.jpg
on right

Strausplants0211.jpg
right corner

It is in my green house which gets direct sun all day long through twin wall 4mm poly carbonate coverings. This plant currently sits in a top tray.

My D. falconeri plants get the same sun... Sorry the picture is an odd angle.. but the top shelf is a tad bit taller than me so I took the picture above my head :p

Awesome D. falconeri. They are flowering too?

Yah, actually they flower quite a bit. Even the one I'm gonna put up in the NASC auction (see that topic) has passed flower stalks that I pulled off for the picture. I really need to divide those bad boys and cut the LFS back again. when I do that, the leaves fall down and they really are pretty big plants. You just can't tell cause the LFS is keeping the leaves from laying down.
Andrew

Very nice... Thanks for sharing

Back