What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cymbidium seed for sase

I had intended to flask these, but the pod split several days ago and I just do not have the time for any TC projects any time in the near future. They are the result of crossing 2 unnamed standard Cymbidium hybrids- nothing special. The seed parent has purple flowers, and the other light pink. Drop me a PM if interested- I'll send them out for a SASE rather than let them go to waste.
-Dave

nevermind---

I still have lots of seed, but wanted to make sure that anybody interested knows that orchid seed must be tissue cultured to have any chance at getting them to grow. They are dust-like and without a food reserve to get them going- instead they rely on symbiotic fungus in nature to help them get started.
-Dave

Im interested but am not really sure what all this would entail. Ive got adult orchids and have never seen one smaller than that.

What do I need to start the seeds?

*goes to read a little*

Back