What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cymbidium is ALIVE! (and a couple other pics)

• Thread starter NaRnAr
  • Start date

NaRnAr

Ive got Crabs!
My cymbid. was put outside, it did well and then I left it out during the cold for a couple months, and one night it dropped to 19degrees and it was still sitting out on the balcony:blush:...I thought for sure I had killed it. Brought it back it and set it next to the patio door and hoped for the best as I watered it, and now, its growing like mad! :D It looks better than it ever has....as it was slowly dying last summer before some advice i got here.

DSC05817.jpg

DSC05818.jpg

Here are a couple other of my orchids:
got this one in a mesh mag at HomeDepot--tag says "LC Dinar Blue Haven AM/AOS" Not sure what that means, but its got a new leaf coming out finally.
DSC05819.jpg

Then I got this one at Safeway a couple months ago--Lady Slipper
DSC05820.jpg

DSC05821.jpg

And my other I nearly killed when we moved, i managed to save the two tallest of the 4--Burana Beauty
DSC05822.jpg

Thanks for looking!
~aaryn :)

Awesome. I just love the Paphiopedilum genus.

LC Dinard 'Blue Heaven' is the registered name of a specific intergeneric Laelia-Cattleya hybrid and here's what it'll look like:

Lc_Dinard_BlueHeaven_Free_1.jpg

WOW! You found a Laeliocattleya at a HD? All we have are half-dead boring slippers and the occasional phalenopsis.

I guess so... lol! There were a ton of them. They were all about 6 inches tall in little tiny plastic pots wrapped in mesh bags. Im sure they are still there if you want me to go back and check for you??? ;) I know it didnt cost more than $10 or I wouldnt have bought it. lol

But wow, those orchids are beautiful, I can only hope that mine will make it to flowering and look that beautiful!

Back