What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutting question

how do you grow a cutting, do you just put it in a cup and wait for roots?

You can plant them or put them in a cup of distilled water and wait for roots. The most seccful thing that works well it\s to plant them.
biggrin.gif

thanks, i just got to get some soil....and the humidifyer..... and some more sundews.... and a another VFT....

Long Fibered Spahgnum moss is the best rooting medium for Nepenthes that I've used, avoid potting soil! It contains way too much nutrients for a Nepenthes soil.
This used to be hard to kind of hard to find but most any garden center that sells empty hanging baskets and stuff will sell LFS as it seems to be real popular nowadays to use it as hanging basket liners (what a waste-think of all the Neps that could be grown
wink.gif
).

by soil i mean spagnuam

Andrew Marshall is a very kind person. I think he will be joining the forums soon. I have invited him to pf. He said he will register soon.
biggrin.gif

I have another question: A friend of mine gave me three cuttings planted in one same pot. Right now they're growing all together, will that affect any of them? By the way, the cuttings are N. Ampullaria 'spotted', N. Khasiana and N. X Coccinea.

Back