What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowded

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Packed like sardeens.

133thinout.jpg

No kidding. They are even growing out of the water tray...

I never knew a plant pic could be funny, exactly, but somehow that one is, good job
biggrin.gif

It looks better now. I thinned it out last night.

That is way too funny! And they say D. capensis & spatulata are weeds!

Yeah, just imagine a capensis crossed with adelae! You would have the prolific seeding of the capensis and the roots sprouting plants everywhere.

Speaking of capensis, you should see the pile of "Albino" I'm trying to figure out what to do with. I thinned them out as well. I think I had over 50 plants in a 6" pot. I now have 2 red and 2 "Albino" in the 6" pot. I should have snapped a picture of that pot as well.

How about a carpet of dielsiana goo

Picture%2010.jpg

Picture%2011.jpg

smile_n_32.gif
Chris

Wow
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I can see D.adelae playing possum.
smile.gif
Hey Elgecko, does the mother adelae die off after producing plantlets or not?

Chris, I could have sworn I thought than was a ball of carpet fungus when I first saw that.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ May 03 2005,6:17)]I can see D.adelae playing possum.
smile.gif
Hey Elgecko, does the mother adelae die off after producing plantlets or not?
Mine has not. It did not look like any playing possom at this time. Just some dead lower leaves.
The large one pretty close to center is the mother plant. I thin out the ones around the edge. This has been my second time doing that.
They are in a 4" pot for size reference.

My D.adelae are starting to get that way too. In a smaller pot though. I just got them a few weeks back. They are flowering too. It's a good feeling when things do well under your care.

Back