What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creepy looking molly

Ok, so my male molly looks very different, and i just noticed it. He has his scales almost puffed, out it looks like instead of laid back, he has lost allot of color and just looks scary.... he is eating and swimming fine just looks really creepy. if you want me to get a picture, but i just want to know if theirs any thing wrong

*shivers* just looks scary... :0o:

Dropsy. It's really more of a symptom of a bacterial infection rather than a disease it's self.

NEver mind, DRopsy sucks and i dont need to take a picture of it, its really gross im prolly just gonna flush the ole guy... this sucks... he was really pretty too...

I was starving earlyer

but im just not hungry, and its just disgusting.... and its sickening i have chills going all over me... just thinking about it... gross uhhhg *grrrroooooooosssssssss*

im scared to just go upstares now.. seriously...

Sorry to hear about that. I've lost quite a few fish(mostly old American flagfish) to dropsy over the years and it is always sad to see. Seems it happens most with thick bodied fish.

Does it make youre skin crawl every time you see it? I can handle tape worms and dead bodys but this... this just is.... creeeeepy

I think i might try a salt bath though?...

Definetly. Usually I come over to the fish tank and notice one fishes colors are muted or that it has a "velvety" look to it. Then I come closer and realize.

I've usually just euthanized the fish. Dropsy is nearly always fatal, I have yet to hear directly of someone curing it. It could be a sympton of kidney failure(in old fish)...or bacterial infection. Their is no way to tell from the outside.

We employ 2 methods. If it's up to me, I catch the fish and slam them into the concrete path/driveway really fast. Death is instantaneous. If it's up to my wife, we catch the fish and bag them. Then we put the bag with water and fish in the freezer and close the door. The theory is the fish's metabolism just slows down because it's cold-blooded and it eventually goes to sleep.... before freezing solid. YMMV

Ken

I just cut the head off. SNAP! They don't see it coming.

A little butter, a little garlic... :crazy:

Your reactions remind me of the reaction I had when I first encountered scale. Disgusting little buggers.

Back