What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craziest cat you'll ever see

• Thread starter Scott
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 14 2004,2:06)]i also want a savanna, which is an african servil (sp?) crossed with a domestic cat. it's as big as a dog with the same attitude too!
A cat as big as a dog...?

You're gonna have to dig up some pictures and post them here, now you've got me curious! I'd do that myself, but I must turn away from the computer and resume studying for a final exam tomorrow morning. Even this typing is preventing me from studying....but notice how I keep typing ;) Everybody needs a quick break now and then!

Too much schoolwork, ahhh!

Thats too cool! are they fertile?

Nevermind the site answered my question.:)

Wow....Thats one giant cat!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Aug. 12 2004,7:53)]mutts usualy have better dispositions too . Although are bichon "bridget" is very very friendlY! shes like 15 years old already.
Yeah thats becuz of the inbreeding...the defective genes get bred out and all the good genes (like good attitude) come out. The name 'mongrel' doesn't do them justice...
confused.gif

JLAP: If I didn't know better I'd say that was a cheetar X panther X lion lol!

Savannah, huh?, from Africa, looks like.  I'll bet they don't even bother with mice.  Might put a good scare into a squirrel, though, don't ya think?   ;) hmmm...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Aug. 12 2004,5:02)]Whats wrong wit that cat?
confused.gif
What IS wrong with that cat?!
confused.gif

EWW...
soon cats will look and walk like chimps
when someone crosses...
cat x Human x Chimp x Dog x ...

Whats wrong with that cat?
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Aug. 15 2004,3:54)]Whats wrong with that cat?
confused.gif
The cats been intentionally breed to look that way. They just kept taking the cats with bad genetics and mixing them together, till you end up with something really really odd. Not a very nice thing to do in my opinion...

Hello starman. The face of the cat is constricted and flattened through breeding. This is to give the cat a wider, more human and pristene look. This type of breeding often leads to genetic disabilities. Breathing can be effected, but for worse outcomes are possible. Animal breeds that are severly inbred tend to have a much higher rate of genetic disorders and diseases. i.e. leukemia, arthritis, bone disorder, epilepsy and the like.

I picked up an abandoned miniature chow. We later found that it had been abandoned because it suffered from epilepsy and arthitis. I also found this was common to the breed. She was my dog until she was six and was suffering to much. I then did what I had to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ Aug. 15 2004,5:05)]Hello starman.  The face of the cat is constricted and flattened through breeding.  This is to give the cat a wider, more human and pristene look.  This type of breeding often leads to genetic disabilities.  Breathing can be effected, but for worse outcomes are possible.  Animal breeds that are severly inbred tend to have a much higher rate of genetic disorders and diseases. i.e. leukemia, arthritis, bone disorder, epilepsy and the like.

I picked up an abandoned miniature chow.  We later found that it had been abandoned because it suffered from epilepsy and arthitis.  I also found this was common to the breed.  She was my dog until she was six and was suffering to much.  I then did what I had to.
That is so wrong doing that.
smile_h_32.gif
confused.gif

Im sorry copper.
smile_h_32.gif

It is alright. I gave her a good life and lots of love, something her previous owner was going to deprive her of. She was my best friend (besides my husband) and I still miss her, but I have fond memories.

ew its eyes look like they are about to pop outta thier sockets BLECH. God forbid the poor thing sneezes!

If I ever got a pet that looked like that Id have to name it "Roadkill"

Back