What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked aquariums

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I have alot of aquariums with small to moderate cracks. I was told by somebody that I should never use them for reptiles because it could cause the spread of viruses and other diseases. I've never ran into a problem with them. Should I continue to use them or should I replace them?

?I've never heard of that either. You'd think it wouldn't matter as viruses could get in through the cover or through basically anyway. I'd say keep using it. But then again free advice is worth what you paid for it.

At the tropical fish wholesaler I used to work with, we specifically utilized leakers and slightly cracked tanks for reptile and small mammals. If it was an issue, it certainly wasn't perceived as such. As ALLOSAURZ suggests, these tanks wouldn't be airtight anyways.

Use them, just clean them with a bleach solution and they'll be alright I use a number of cracked tanks for my herps and such.. rather useful
biggrin.gif

naw theyre fine... fill any gaping holes with silicone

Back