What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crabs

Hello. I'm planning on getting some fiddler or red claw crabs. I have kept fiddler crabs before, but they died of old age. I never bothered to get more because cps started to consume my money. My interest in these little critters have returned, and i have a few questions mainly regarding red claw crabs (since I never kept those):

Can I keep fiddler and red claw crabs together, or would the two species fight?

Can red claw crabs be kept in brackish waters? I dont know how to keep red claw crabs, but I'm guessing they are simular to fiddler crabs.

I have kept fiddler crabs in fresh and brackish waters before, and both did well. Can this also be done to red claw crabs?

I have already made a sandy enviroment for the fiddlers, but I hope to also keep some red claw crabs in the tank too. Thanks. Zongyi

I thought fresh water was bad for them. I heard that they can live there a while but then die fast.

Thanks guys. I guess I will do brackish then. Elgecko, your site was really helpful
smile.gif
. Zongyi

Back