What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cps got stormed.

So I have my VTF and PP(Burnswick Beauty) outside, they were doing really good. Almost everyotherday a new VFT shoot would come up. And the PP had just produce a new Pitcher taller than the others..

Well about a week and half ago it stormed REALLY bad. I usally leave them out for the rain water and I didn't even think about the storm. It was bad for them They were SUPER mushy and all fell over and bent.

I figured they would just perk back up.

But no, they keep getting worse. I probably had around 30 Pitchers on my plant and now they are all pure hard and crumbly. I have had no new VFT shoots and the opens that were coming up have not grown. The red color went away and the traps don't open, they are like half-closed.

They are still living though. It just looks as everything above soil is gone. Like it needs trimmed totally and started over.

What's wrong and what do I do?

Hi Tink. Trust me, I can relate to storms doing destructive things to plants. I wouldn't give up on them just yet. There is a good possibility that there is life, but are in shock. Two springs ago, I had my fresh out of dormancy VFT's outside and one was sending up a flower stalk. I moved them to what I thought would be a better location, on a Friday, at work. When I looked at them the following Monday, they were like buzz-sawed right down to the soil - by some unidentified critter. It took a full 3 weeks before I saw the tiniest of new leaves emerge - and then another and another and....So don't give up on them.

I have long, flowing D, binata, sarracenias, and D. filiformis outside in mini-bogs and they are place right against the townhouse, this blocks some of the rain and wind from major storms. Perhaps you can do that as well?

As long as there is green, there is life.
smile.gif

"As long as there is green, there is life."

That should be the Green Party's slogan.

Hey, I was an Environmental Science major!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 03 2005,6:57)]As long as there is green, there is life.  
smile.gif
agreed !!!
tink: try to feel the life which is inconceivable.

::rubs all over LFS::

i just feel moss. =P

Things may be happening beneath the surface. Keep waiting and never toss the soil media. Ya never know! *closure may be awhile*

Back