What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp trip to meta river in colombia

• Thread starter UtricSeb
  • Start date
Very good pictures! Are they in Bob Z.'s site? Couldn't find Part 2, though.

Jim.. the link to part 2 is at the end of part 1.

Hi Sebastian,

BEautiful work as always, thanks so much for the postcard. I sure love those U. triloba photos, and hope you will secure seed of this species so seldom encountered in cultivation. The white U. amythestina is very neat too!

I was unable to find a link to page two. Did I miss something?

Thanks Sebastian! Found 2 & 3. A little slow in the uptake for awile.

Fantastic, I got the link this time! I be all excited, there are some rare jewels to be seen here Sebastian!!! WOW! Those photos of D. communis are knockouts! But are you sure these are in fact D. communis? The seed is thin and long and wispy? I suppose they must be, and it is just my inexperienced eye! They are quite different in form to the ones I cultivate from Biritiba-Ussu, and remind me of D. roriamae (I know that is not possible) with the upright habit and the persistent lower leaves all pointing down. There are far fewer hairs on the petioles too. See! Already these photos have clarified more of the nature of the species for me. If you have more I would love to see them either here or via email! Did you happen to get any macros of the stipules? If not, do you think you could press a leaf with stipule attached and send it to me? I'll trade you my cat for it
smile.gif
That offer is open to anyone BTW.

Maybe Fernando would be so kind as to talk about the variations of this species and their respective ranges and overlaps (not asking too much here am I)? Is the upright form genetic or environmental? I know many Drosera species elongate in semi-aquatic conditions, but this seems fairly consistent so I get the feeling its genetic. Isn't variation amazing!

Thanks and thanks again Sebastian. These are some wonderful photos of some beautiful seldom seen Drosera and Utricularia. As I look at the tentacles in your photos, I can definitely feel the D. communis there. There's something about that arrangement that grabs my eye.

This postcard will go on my favorite list and I will visit it often. I so envy your contact with such remarkable plants! I love that U. tricohpylla, what a beauty! Oh, and the U.cucullata, just growing and flowering like it wasn't a rare plant at all, LOL!

Hi William.. thanks for all your nice comments and excitement, I also thought this was not D.communis as it looks different from the plants I saw at Amalfi (andean locality) but it was not me who identified all this plants. It was Fernando, very kind indeed in taking his time to do it and sharing his valuable knowledge.
Yes, it was a very nice experience to go there and see all this plants in nature. Cant imagine how it would be to go to Brazil or Venezuela where there is much more diversity in CPs.

Regards.

I know 2 things. One is that D. communis is a variable species, and Two my experience with this secies is limited to one single grow (Thanks to my generous donor!). It's photos like yours that help me see to the heart of the matter. Try to get me a photo of the stipules sometime if that is possible, and thanks again!

Back