What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp trading cards.

Hey,I was just wondering wouldn`t it be cool if the icps did these? I mean they could put a picture in the front,and care info,area they are fom,and forms on the back. That would be so cool! I mean they could probably easily get $2 for a pack of 5.

I really have not, nor ever will be into trading cards. Why would I pay 2$ for 5 pieces of paper that cost them maybe two cents to print? I would much rather use that money to get more Nepenthes!

SF

the cards should be able to be cashed in for a pack of seeds.

I would rather trade plants than cards.

The biggest problem with trading cards is that in the old days, trading cards were something that kids got as toys, like comic books. They got them they looked at them, they played with them and the majority of them were destroyed or thrown away by parents. Then 40-50 years later the very few that survived became very valuable. Then all of the sudden people started thinking that they were gonna buy up a whole bunch of cards/ books and put them away and retire with the money they were gonna sell them for later. The problem with this rush of interest is first, with the huge increase in demand, naturally the prices followed suit and went up as well. Just like this case, 2 bucks for 5 cards?? Thats absurd!!! 50 cents for 25 cards WITH a piece of gum is more along the right lines. And second, everybody ran out and bought 2 and 3 and in some cases even more copies of each, thereby flooding the market to the point that it basicly made all the new cards worthless. CP cards sounds like a good idea in its own way, I could see myself wanting to collect them if they were reasonably priced. $2 for 5 cards is definately out of the question though.

Steve

If they ever do make CP trading cards they should make the kind with the little foil hologram that changes when the light hits it at a different angle. You could have an image of a open vft trap one second, then a fly comes into the picture and finally the image of the closed trap.
laugh.gif

Not only would it look cool but you could use it as a proof of authenicity.
smile.gif

maybe a small pack off seeds should be included in random packs
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

LOL trading cards... I have been stuck on them before, And never again. I thought exactly like Steve comment, I bought basketball cards proably wasted over 500 in that hobby. So far, I don't really care for them, and I dont' know where they are. And those darn POKEMON cards....at least I made money off the poketal cards.

How about instead of trading cards, a regular deck of cards with pictures of CP's on them.

elgecko, now that is a good idea.
smile.gif

Pokemon actually has 3 cps! bellsprout, weepingbell and victorybell
biggrin.gif
Argh i hate pokemon... spent so much $$$ on them
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

Actually if the ICPS produced something like that, they might be good as a fund raiser for the organization more so than just a collectible to buy. So if the price was a little high like $2 for 5 cards, you'd have to just look at it as a donation to a good cause rather than purchasing a product thats "worth" $2.

It would be a way to teach kids about CPs and their value in the world.

hmm... I don't think they would/could do that. remember they are a non profit organazation

lol Uh Spec...non-profits are ALWAYS trying to raise money anyway they can. That is how they are funded...donations, fund raisers, trusts and grants. "Non-profit" doesn't mean they don't make money--it just means the money they make is turned back into the organization and used to advance their cause and maintain operating expenses like salaries, supplies, programs, etc.... instead of that money going to some fatcat sitting in an office taking home $2 million for a salary.

Most non-profits run on a shoe string and are always looking for ways to make money. Any money the ICPS receives they use to maintain their projects.
smile.gif

I like the idea of ordinary cards for cps. The royals could be the expensive cps and the numbers could work their way down to the cheeper cps. The aces could be reeaallllly expensive cps(neps) and the jokers could be the most bizarr(either vft becaus of the way it looks or a nep) Of coarse the cards would need as many species as possible or else make diferent kinds according to cp preferences from people. That would be cool.

How is:

the suit of hearts is full of VFTs
The suit of spades is full of Sarrs
The suit of Diamonds is full of Neps
And the suit of clubs is full of either pings or utrics

I say the joker would have to be Heliamphoras

SF

Actually, I have thought of this idea myself. Just working out the details as to what info should be on the cards, type of photo on the front, and who will print them up.

why don't you use the poll to see which is the favorite of all cps and then decide which order they are going to be on? Zongyi
biggrin.gif

I like Snowyfalcon's setup.  Though where are sundews?

Edit: You could do a poll. You could ask what you think sould be a heart; and list the different cps, then a spade; and list the diferent cps, then the diamonds; and list the diferent species, then the clubs; and list the different species, then the jokers; and list the different cps. This might would take more than one poll so you could do a suite(sp) a week. That way everyone would get a chance to vote. Then you would just have to find a company to make them.

me and my brothers were so obsessed with these cards back then but now in the future , i realized i've wasted tons of valuable money for just a stinkin piece of paper with a picture on it . c'mon , i have seen cards up to 1,000 dollars for sell and i can get millions of regular pieces of large paper for that much money . i like the idea of trading seed packets rather then cards , although it mayraise fund for the icps , it won't be popular long and people will stop at some point .

Back