What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp site with s.minors, flavas, and purpureas

I second finding documented proof....which shouldn't be too hard.

Maybe the fire in Yellowstone would convince him if you havent tried that one already.

Hi;
As a Naturalist I am quite aware of the importance of burning land in the Southeast. It not only benefits Sarrs, but is certainly of paramount to the survival and enhancement of the populations of many wild animals including deer
wow.gif
. Now how 'bout that. As any Wildlife Biologist can tell yo brother, deer and Wild Turkey not only benefit from controlled burning, but will explode, along with Fox Squirrel. Most people are not aware of this, and think that deer need grown up wilderness. Not so. The deer are probably drawn to this site because of the stuff found along with the minors (grasses, sedges, annual and perennial forbs), and when it grows over, the deer will move on.
No, deer won't eat minor, but the things growing with it.
Alternatively, you can go in and cut down the scrubby overgrowth, as they do in some bogs in the western part of the state.
Note; the Southeastern Indians (Native Americans, if you prefer, but I was born here, and am part Cherokee) routinely burned the woodlands to enhance the deer populations. You can look this up, as it is documented in many places.

Whatever you have to do, do it! I know many folks are behind you on this, and I also know that a burn has always enhanced the land. We had some bad forest fires in Montana where I am from, but the deer populations were always at their best then, declining only when food sources were shaded out by heavy forest. Didn't do our drosera population any harm.

Back