What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp site restore

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Last weekend I went to a site that reportedly had pitcher plants on it in the past. You can read about it here.

http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=20257

The land owner has requested if I can restore some of the plants that were on the property. Since there is no genetic data on the plants that use to be there I thought it would be a good idea to request pitcher plants form you that has known location data from Brunswick county NC. I will also consider locations from Columbus County NC and Horry county SC. I would like to get pitcher plants of different species that come from the same location. That way the genetics will remain pure even if the plant hybridize. I would also like to get any other cp's with location data from the areas I named above.
I would like to do this through the NASC if possible, if not I plan to do it on my own. Does anybody have any plants or seeds that meet the description above that they would like to donate? This will be my first restoration project and I welcome any thoughts or concerns that anybody has

You could also try contacting local businesses/organisations to raise some funds to restore the site.
Department of Natural Resources or NC equivelent, may also be able to help in naming plant that would have been found on that property, even possibily in aquiring those plants.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Last weekend I went to a site that reportedly had pitcher plants on it in the past. You can read about it here.

http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=20257

The land owner has requested if I can restore some of the plants that were on the property. Since there is no genetic data on the plants that use to be there I thought it would be a good idea to request pitcher plants form you that has known location data from Brunswick county NC. I will also consider locations from Columbus County NC and Horry county SC. I would like to get pitcher plants of different species that come from the same location. That way the genetics will remain pure even if the plant hybridize. I would also like to get any other cp's with location data from the areas I named above.
I would like to do this through the NASC if possible, if not I plan to do it on my own. Does anybody have any plants or seeds that meet the description above that they would like to donate? This will be my first restoration project and I welcome any thoughts or concerns that anybody has

The site you want to restore is owned by one of your co-workers? This is privately owned property?

correct.

It's going to be tough finding named location plants that are spare and available. One or two plants will also look a bit lonely in all that land.
The best thing would be to sort out some seeds from NC - they'll be ripening in a couple of months.

Back