What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP shops in S.E.A

Hi Everyone
I found this site Welcome to Hong Yee's Home Page and the people are in Singapore but when I emailed them the email could not get delivered has anyone had any dealings with them?
How about we make a list of shops in this area?
I have heard of you talking about FEF and I finally found there web page  
smile.gif

And we know of http://www.malesiana.com
I know there are a lot of shops on line but was just thinking of the ones in the area our delivers to this area
Any ideas?
Regards
Steven

My first CPs were purchased from Hong Yee. He used to frequent these forums, but I have not seen him around, unless he uses a different name now. The web site that you had found is his old web site. He has another one now, but I cannot find it at the moment. I think he is busy with his studies now, and perhaps have no time for CPs at the moment.

Hi Steven,
Welcome to the forum.
What kind CPs are you looking for?
I used to buy CP plants online, but now only go after seeds (except Nepenthes and Heliamphora).

The only true CP supplier in SEA is Malesiana, but only for Nep!!

There is this Nep grower from KL area by the username "kltower" he is more frequently on the cpuk forum, you may want to find out from him about other sources.
JK

Welcome to the forums, steven!
(I remember eveyone saying that to me when I first came,
biggrin.gif
a real friendly forum this is)
wink.gif

Actually that's his old website...the new one is the one steven posted
wink.gif

I just visited his house...bought my second VFT from him, traps were huge, about 3.5cm in length! I've been growing it for about two months now, but suddenly the trap size shot down rapidly (after a month and a half or so), does anyone have any ideas why this could happen?

Hong Yee's busy right now and will be free in a few months time, at least that's what he told me.
wink.gif

Jason

Thanks for the welcomes
i was just after some more plants to build up my collection
I have some neps, Sarracenia, dionaea and i think my drosera is about to dye
sad.gif

i also have some seeds i got from Cook's Carnivorous plants.
Next time i'm in Singapore i will have to go to FEF and check it out.
Regards
Steven

hi steven, welcome to the forums,
FEF really has very few CPs these days, maybe we'll let u know by making a post in the forums, if they bring in new stock.

There's this online UK seed supplier who has a lot of seeds. I can't remember his website or email now but u can go to cpukforum.com and search for user "andyindevon". That's him and he operates mainly by email although he does have a barely-updated website. The seeds are viable; he packs in generous amounts and the price is well, just about right, I suppose. Do check it out, although I personally would prefer grown plants than seeds
smile.gif

Hi eBeyonder
Thanks for the link I have been to his site before and I’m thinking of getting some seeds
biggrin.gif

Cambrian Carnivores Online Nursery It looks as if there is a new owner
Regards
Steven

Regards
Steven

Hi ive just came back from KL in malaysia, there is a nep vendor in KL and he sells his neps at Mont Kiara flea market which opens on thursdays and Sundays. Usually he is there on thursdays, I have his number somewhere but I can't find it... he sells medium size plants and has a care sheet on neps. We took back a Bical and a mirabilis before.

Ya Hong Yee is really busy right now, I've reserved a parrot pitcher from him and im picking it up after its dormancy, most of his sarrs are going into dormancy right now...

seeds? first I have to learn how to get rid of algae!

speaking of algae does anyone in the tropics have problems with algae? they are eating up my seeds before they even germinate!

thanks
smile.gif

What species is your dosera?
Can you identify any other of your cps?
That would be quite useful in trade...giveaways etc...(saying that I don't even know half my cpz identities...:D )

I agree with ebeyonder...seeds are quite a pain to grow
wink.gif

Jason
tounge.gif

Please don't say your dosera is a capensis...I've heard enough about capensis dying under a "curse" these past few months...especially my baby ones.
wink.gif

Jason
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Ok the problem with my drosera seedlings is that they're still very small after 6-8 mths (!!!) and are now swamped by algae growing on the LFS in which they grow.The only notable "success" is D.nidiformis (sp?) which has grown to a respectable size, but still not as big as the D.intermedia I had obtained as a grown plant from THY. Ok, let's leave out the D.filiformis... that's a giant of a sundew!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, D. filiformis seems to be hughly successful in Singapore. Has anyone flowered theirs? Maybe one day we can all organise a visit to Hong Yee's house when he has more time? The first meeting of SG CP growers! How's that? Now, I have to go and find out when does the medical exams end...

What the heck is a nidiformis? I've never even heard of that before
biggrin.gif

Just to let you all know my exams end on the 14th of June so could someone notify me so as to when you've decided on a date and time? It's getting hard to keep up with the latest in these boards, even for a few days...
Thought you would already have had a general metting before Wezx and I came...
tounge.gif
wink.gif

I think my dosera is only starting to be "swamped" with algae", too bad I can't do much about it for fear of doing harm to the tiny seedlings.
wink.gif

Jason

Ha SG CP growers sounds good
biggrin.gif

altho im not in Singapore if you make it a weekend or even thursday i could come for a long weekend and check out all the shops while im at it
biggrin.gif

Regards
Steven

Hi Steven, which part of Malaysia are you in? Peninsula or East?

Peninsula up near Penang but I’m from Australia
biggrin.gif

I went to Penang hill last year to see the Neps very nice i got some pics but no web site to put them on  
sad.gif

ill look into getting a site so i can put the pics on
Any of you been up there to see the Neps?

Ha Vistary
Thanks for the Link
biggrin.gif

I put the Photo's of the CP i have from my holiday to Australia
I didn't Get to see many due to to much work but i think some are ok
There all from a shop i went to see
I will scan the Photos of Penang hill and post them soon
Regards
Steven

Back