What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you can get it to work, that will be an awesome terrarium!

I agree with JLAP, unless you find a way to provide some ventillation, the greenhouse effect will likely roast your plants!

Drilling holes into the lid without cracking/scratching it would be difficult.....perhaps you can instead make some acrylic/plexiglass cubes and put one at each corner of the pyramid to elevate it above its base so as to create a vent along the entire base.

This would decrease temps....but also humidity. It would also necessitate more frequent watering.

Whatever you decide to do, maybe you could introduce what you consider to be the "hardiest" of the plants you want to grow, and see how it does for the first 1mo. If it can't survive, then at least you'll know without sacrificing many plants.

I think I might have to melt a hole in, or at least try to drill into simular plastic first to test it out. I dont know about hte corner thingy, it wont look as good in my opinion. So far, the plants are still alive so I think its working
biggrin.gif
. More plants are arriving mid next week. Zongyi

Hello. Some new pings have arrived! Most have gone to pots, but I stuffed a few into the pyramid. I added:
D. prolifera
P. esseriana
P. laueana

4moreplants1.jpg

4moreplants2.jpg

4moreplants3.jpg

More plants to come soon
biggrin.gif
. I also added a few strands of red sphagnum. This red sphag is very red, more red than most of the red sphag that I saw in pics. Hopefully, it will start growing. The other plants are doing fine, but the P. ehersiana are lacking light. So far, I have the pyramid in my nep terrarium, under some flourescent tubes, but it is too far. I had a lamp, but my grandparents said they needed it. I'm going to pic up my own this week to give it the light it deserves. I may add in a few more pings that I recieved if they prove suitable. Zongyi

Lookin' good! To be quite honest, I'd love to see a cape sundew in there, but perhaps it's too small...Oh well, just a thought! Keep up the good work
smile.gif

I bet someone could just get some triangles of acrylic cut to make one of these at any size they wanted. And they could leave some gaps between the different acrylic pieces to provide air movement, but still keep the interesting shape.

Very cool project.

That's looking very nice.

I would consider adding some U. subulata. It will spread over the surface and bind the soil so it doesn't crumble.

endparenthesis-sounds like a lot of work, so I have to consider it
smile_m_32.gif

SarraceniaScott- thanks for the tip. i'll see if I can get my hands on it
smile.gif

Zongyi

Back