What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello! I just wanted to share with you some of my CP. I am in Puerto Rico, as some of you may know, in the Caribbean. Since I started to cultivate CP most of people told me that it was imposible to cultivate Sarracenia, Venus Frlytraps, and other CP here in the Caribbean. Well, they are wrong. I have, with lots of efforts and cares, but I have, and with success.

Here is a part of my collection. This is my green-house. It is a saran green-house that only have a top, with no wall. And I think my Cp are just doing well. My Sarracenia and VFT have created winted leaves and achieve dormancy with no problem, though I must accept that this winter have been a very cold here. But I have cultivate my CP.

Here is what I call CP Shrine:
MYCPALTAR.jpg

Here is a closser look to some of the pots:
Sarracenia:
MYCPALTARSARRACENIAS.jpg

Sarracenia, VFT and others:
MYCPALTARMIDSECTION.jpg

Sarracenia, Sundews, and behind is a Darlingtonia, which I do believe is dead, it is the only one that did not survived.
MYCPALTAREASTESTSECTION.jpg

Here you see my Botterwort, I do not know which species is, more Sarracenia, and others:
MYCPALTAREASTSECTION.jpg

And some of my Nepenthes, which is not something extraoridnary that they are fine, becuase they have here their idoneous climate... but I just wanted you to see them;-)
MYCPALTARNEPNETHES.jpg

Since I also cultivate Bonsai I use the Bonsai pots to cultivate CP, and they seem to love it. Obviously most of them have water-trays.

Let me know what do you guys think.

Very commendable efforts. I wish you much future success.

if I may make one small suggestion, You might want to put the sarracenia into deeper pots, because they have deep roots, just a tiny suggestion

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Since I also cultivate Bonsai I use the Bonsai pots to cultivate CP, and they seem to love it. Obviously most of them have water-trays.

I use some Bonsai pots as well for some of my shallower rooted CP's, like Utricularia for example.

What do you do for dormancy requirements?

Homer

Back