What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple pics of uncommon species

Here ya go!

N. boschiana
NboschianaAWCR.jpg

N. vogelii
NvogeliiCR.jpg

wow
when will I be able to get the N. vogelii? It is awesome!

thanks
Jeremiah

Malesiana recently released some cuttings. I would estimate next Spring/Summer before any propagation from them would begin to circulate further. Bad news is supply will be very slim for a long time and demand high. Good news is it is in cultivation and in time will be available.
Tony

Dear Tony:

Those are beautiful plants. I have a crazy idea. Please if it is stupid, please forgive me. I am getting so excited seeing these pics that my imagination is flying high!!:

I wonder what would happen if you cross N. aristolochiodes with N. argentii, would you get a vogelii??

If you cross a N. rajah with N. edwardsiana would you get a villosa-like Nepenthes?

What if you cross a Northiana with a Fusca, would you get a boschiana??

Food for thought or imagination.

Gus

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wonder what would happen if you cross N. aristolochiodes with N. argentii, would you get a vogelii??
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Gus,
Funny you should say this...I was just wondering what a cross between vogellii and aristichioides would look like...

I was also wondering about crossing the vogelli with capanculata and also ventricosa....Interesting pitcher shapes...

I knew about the N. boschiana but you never told me about the N. vogelii!
smile.gif
Ohh boy gotta save some buckeroonies for it.
wink.gif
And for that other beaut!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Wow...interesting and beautiful plants. That vogelli is an eye opener!

Nice plants and photos Tony. Thanks.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Back