What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple of Sarr pitchers to get in the mood!

Sarr pitchers to get in the mood Post yours !

I dont know about the rest of you but for me summer is taking too long to get here. So here's some Sarr pitchers that I have going indoors, I'll transplant mine outside in June/July. Share yours! From this year or past!

IMG_2930.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2931.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2932.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2933.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2935.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2936.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2938.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2939.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2940.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2913.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2919.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2921.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2922.JPG_595.jpg

awesome, and even more so being indoors and looking like this!
I take it the light is doing well for ya... ;)

Av

I have some nice stuff in the greenhouse, but I cannot find my digital camera anywhere! One of my 'Gin Goblin's has put up a couple of foot-tall pitchers and they look awesome.

I have some nice stuff in the greenhouse, but I cannot find my digital camera anywhere! One of my 'Gin Goblin's has put up a couple of foot-tall pitchers and they look awesome.
My gin goblin doesn't have any pitchers yet. but it will be putting one up soon, from what i can tell. My daina's delight is inflating a woody(firm) pitcher, see how that turns

I'll try to post pictures of my pitchers this weekend - the sun isn't up yet to shine on them when I leave for work, and it's shining on the opposite side of the house when I get home.

awesome, and even more so being indoors and looking like this!
I take it the light is doing well for ya... ;)

Av

The light has been the best investment I could have ever made honestly. The plants love it!

But enough chit chat, we want some pics!

It's sad but I have like 5 sarrs :blush:

but of those 5 this is my fav:
okee_classic.jpg

Butch

french3z what lights are you using. Mine are at a friends greenhouse so unsure how they are doing.

Nice pictures and plants!! :)

Yann - looks like you are getting a good jump on the season...

Thanks for sharing!

Nice Yann - I love that first hybrid.

french3z what lights are you using. Mine are at a friends greenhouse so unsure how they are doing.
I am using a 6 T5 fixture. It puts about ~ 31,000 lumens and it is about 5 inches away from the tallest Sarr. I wouldn't be worried about yours if they are in a greenhouse, I am sure they are waking up normally. I cheated and took these out early in Mid Feb simply because I hate having to wait for the warm up to come around.

It's sad but I have like 5 sarrs :blush:

but of those 5 this is my fav:

I can see why! Beautiful hybrid Butch. You may lack in Sarracenia but you've still got plenty of plants in the Sarraceniaceae family ;)

Nice Yann - I love that first hybrid.

Thank you Fred, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite, I can't wait until it produces mature pitchers! You should add some of your pictures, I know you've got to have something that'll blow these away!

Here we go:

Judith Hindle
P3190258.jpg

minor
P3190259.jpg

P3190260.jpg

alata (the new pitchers come in pink with pink veins, older ones are green with brown veins)
P3190261.jpg

P3190272.jpg

P3190274.jpg

P3190273.jpg

P3190275.jpg

small oreos (non-striped)
P3190262.jpg

oreos (striped)
P3190264.jpg

Dana's Delight
P3190263.jpg

Psitt
P3190265.jpg

Random bulk unknowns (w/ purp montana in lower left)
P3190266.jpg

...and their only open flower yet...
P3190267.jpg

P3190268.jpg

Rubra wherryi (sp?) flower
P3190269.jpg

P3190270.jpg

P3190271.jpg

You should add some of your pictures, I know you've got to have something that'll blow these away!

Thanks Yann but I really don't have much to post yet with the exception of a ton of flower buds. I have a few regular Alatas just opening but not photo worthy. I have a few offspring from 'Leah Wilkerson' that have some pitchers inflating (next to their flowers) that should be nice so we'll see soon enough.

Back