What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple New plants

This section has been a little dead lately, so I figured I would try to liven it up a bit with some pics of some new arrivals, 3 Vogelii and a free Rajah :). I just purchased these from a fellow forum member and I am quite happy with the plants. The Rajah even has a lil' pitcher on it.

The Vogelii
3VogeliiArrival.jpg

Vogelii and Free Rajah
3Vog1RajArrival.jpg

Rajah Pitcher
RajahArrivalPitcher.jpg

damn! those are nice plants. Great job! looks like u got them potted as well. SO A+ !! they won't have to skip a beat apart from adjusting to ur conditions and not have to bother about repotting stress and so on. :) Nice one Daniel. :D good job!

Just a Q! WHy 3 vogelii?? I want to get one....but I would have never bought 3 of the exact same thing. WHy didn't u get other species....u know....diversify. ;)

Just a Q! WHy 3 vogelii?? I want to get one....but I would have never bought 3 of the exact same thing. WHy didn't u get other species....u know....diversify. ;)

Diversity of clones, most likely. I like N. vogellii uppers much more than the lowers; which isn't the case for most Nepenthes species in my opinion. Do you have a good N. rajah setup or did you have modify your growing area to accommodate it?

xvart.

They look healthy. Great!:-D
Really envy you had such beautiful nepenthes.
Thanks to your sharing.

Diversity of clones, most likely. I like N. vogellii uppers much more than the lowers; which isn't the case for most Nepenthes species in my opinion. Do you have a good N. rajah setup or did you have modify your growing area to accommodate it?

xvart.

U asking me xvart?? or asking Daniel?? If u are asking me.....I had to modify my lifestyle to accomodate the rajah. ;)

Thx for the comments everyone :). I ordered 3 for the clone diversity as xvart suggested Varun. Also, I really do like the uppers and even if they were all the same clone I wouldn't mind having 3 plants because I could grow one outside and a couple inside. That's also the reason why I ordered 8 Burbidgeae lol. I have another small order from EP coming in soon to help me diversify a lil' and I can't wait :). Their hybrids really are the best there are worldwide.

I don't have the best Rajah setup, but I did modify a small tank to accomodate them. The Rajah I had before this larger one was real small but after a year I got it to actually make 2 VERY small pitchers. A small victory for me nonetheless :).

Thanks again for the comments everyone :). I can't wait till I have some nice pitcher pics to share with everyone.

aaah! well! great then! If you have the room...the more the merrier. Good luck Daniel. I'm sure they'll do fine. :)

Them are nice specimens! Can't wait to see your next ones! Congrats to you, and good luck! :clap:

Back