What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correlation or Causality or None at All

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Is there any correlation or causality or is it independent of pygmy sundew flowering and gemmae production?

Flowering - never noticed any die off. A few species/hybrids I have flower 4-6 months out of the year. Remember the typical natural life-cycle is to go dormant in the summer after flowering. Dormant plants might look dead.

Gemmae - I have a percentage as much as 25% that don't restart growing after producing gemmae and then slowly die off. It could be I leave the gemmae on too long or remove it too early and damage the growing point. Beats me. As long as I resow enough gemmae to keep them going it matters little.

I had a really bad year with both flowering and gemmae production, especially with gemmae. I had one decent crown and that's it. Only a 6 or 7 types flowered this year. Received gemmae spring up well but struggle the following year.

Back