What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coraline

bluebird

Rub my belly!
I saw the movie Coraline I really enjoyed it and can't wait to get the book to read I really wished I knew about the book earlier. Main reason I made this post was that there are two parts in the movie where they show a group of Nepenthes in a garden also there's a tree frog inside one of the pitchers that poped out.

I wish I could go see this one more time I really enjoyed the 3D parts plus you can only see it in 3D in theatre so I thought it'd be worth to see it. I can't wait till this comes out on DVD I'm a big fan of stop animation movies so this movie had me excited for awhile when it was announced. :boogie:

I was wondering anyone have seen it or plan on going to see it? If you've seen it, what do you think of this movie?

Tim Burton's mind scares me. His animation is demented and creepy. He and Steven King man...

Man, I LOVE Neil Gaiman books, although I haven't read Coraline. Top in my opinion is his book Anansi Boys and would recommend that to everyone. I am not usually one to go to movie theatres but I have never gone to a 3-d movie before and so I am sorely tempted... Plus creepy clay characters for extra yay. Now I am stuck imagining if you combine Tim Burton with Stephen King, now that would be quite the mix...

I went and saw Coraline today. I liked it a lot. I'm a fan of stop animation films as well. It's amazing all the work that goes into these types of films. With most of the film industry letting computers do all the work anymore it's nice to watch a film with so much human involvement. From the sets, to the costumes, to the figures themselves they were all made by hand. Then there's the tedious process of doing all those minuscule movements by hand to create the illusion of moving figures.
I saw the Nepenthes pitchers too. The garden scene was one of my favorites. I liked watching everything grow.

I want to go see Coraline. It seems like a good movie. Plus, it was from the maker of The Nightmare Before Christmas, which is one of my favorite movie. :) Unfortunately, I don't really plan on seeing it. I don't like movie theaters. :x

Yeah the garden scene is my favorite too my second is the song it's so catchy! I'll be getting the soundtrack when it comes out also Henry Selick did this not Tim Burton sorry, but there's a cool trailer for a movie he's doing called 9 looks pretty cool it comes out on (9/9/09).

I made the same mistake of thinking it was Tim burton too, but Henry Selick directed Nightmare before christmas and Tim Burton produced/co-written also Tim burton started it with a poem I'm sure he helped out with it, but on wiki it said he did not direct, due to schedule constraints on Batman Returns.

Coraline is still a good or decent movie depends on your taste even though Tim burton didn't do this one, but I liked the work Henry Selick did on this movie and for everyone who worked on this movie good job! I'm amazed with any stop animation of this quality such hard work goes into these things and they look just as good as any other movie.

Man! That's the movie I wanted to go see. 8( My friends made me see mall cop instead.

That movie looks creepy and demeted, people with buttons with eyes???? The madnesss!!!!

Back