What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im trying to build a plant collection after a year without plants... I do have some very interesting seeds to trade, tropical iris, pomegranet, palo verde, black locust (for those who live where it is not an invasive species)... I have New Guinea pottery and masks (pm me if interested in masks I can get a pic up),....
DSCN1613.JPG
I have fish fossils as well!
DSCN1610sm.JPG

In addition I have MTG cards (5"  high stack) but I never played so Im not really sure if they are rare or what

Im mainly interested in Utrics, genlisea, and Pings.... but will also consider nepenthes, drosera or others....

Im looking for Utrics not on this list!

Grow list:
1. U. blanchetii white
2. U. heterosepala
3. U. lateriflora
4. U. livida
5. U. livida bettys beach
6. U. livida durban
7. U. livida merriwuk
8. U. longifolia v. forgetiana
9. U. nephrophylla
10. U. praelonga
11. U. reniformis large form
12. U. subulata Diamantina Brazil
13. U. tridentata
14. U. uniflora
15. U. warburgii
16. U. welwitschii

You do have cool stuff!
How does one compare vlaues of a fish fossil vs plants? That seems hard to me, lol.

Cheers,

Joe

yah see that depends. i traded raw precious stones for CPs. ive traded emeralds, sapphires and such. dont have much left now, just enough to full fill a couple of promices. ill replenish my stock of stones this winter and trade again come spring. i trade for much less than what they are potentially worth if i happen to pass along a true gem quality stone but in all reality they dont cost me much to get the rough. prolly pretty comparible to the value of the plants im getting. they are worth much much more once facetted but i dont do that. what your trading be it fossils, stones or plants has a value to YOU and wiether thats more or less than "retale" value doesnt really matter.

Rattler

Do you go find those stones yourself rattler?
confused.gif

Plants are worth far more to me than fossils!

none of the precious. well i could go and find sapphires but its a 9 hour drive to the gravel deposit where they are found so i dont get over there as often. they are a lil small but Tamlin can attest to their quality. i find lots of moss agates anywhere fron lil tiny pieces up to 5 plus pounds locally(within 100 miles of my doorstep). i buy mine rough in bulk and go through it. any nifty looking pieces i keep the rest i trade. i have some african sapphires pushing 3 ounces. dont know what that is in carats but think the size of a large walnut. my emeralds are a lil smaller, Tamlin has a decent sized one and i think i sent some smaller ones to JustLikeAPill. i really dont know if they are gem quality as i have no training but they are VERY COOL i think and they are easy to recongnise as to what they are.

Rattler

Im going to start rock hunting, sounds fun. Its hard to learn where to go though, but I know the mountains of Washington are full of stuff...

Back