What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contaminated lfs

Due to LFS that contained high levels of salt, I lost several of my favorite sundews.
http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=19744

This LFS killed all of my D.scorpioides, all of my D.adelae, and all of my typical D.capensis. If any one has any of these plants for trade feel free to PM me. I don't have alot to trade as I use LFS alot and it severely killed off many of my other sundews also. I am especially looking for D.scorpioides and D.adelae as they were my favorite sundews.

Thanks,
dewy

i'll give you an adult D. adelae for shipping. no problamo.

I throw in an adult D. adelae too. PM'ed you

I thoroughly rinse all live sphagnum that comes my way, and i typically don't use it directly, but grow it in a large tray, and take the excess from that tray, so what goes in my pots is bug- and chemical-free.

Okay, looks like D. adelae is covered. Rule of thumb with pigmy sundews, such as D. scorpiodes: They have long roots and are very sensitive to being disturbed, like Byblis liniflora. Shipping these plants may be a set up for failure. However, in a few months, everbody and their cousin will be begging to give away gemmae. That's the best route to take.

Based on the title of your post, at first, I thought you were trying to trade or SASE "contaminated lfs"!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_t_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Try peat, perlite and sand based mixes for scorpioides and capensis.

Are you sure it's salts? Just curious.

Thanks,

Joe

Back