What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Condensation inside darlingtonia hood

Well, the topic says it all. Anyone else getting condensation inside the hoods of their cobra lilies? I can see the beads of moisture through the "windows."

A side note. A wandering ant practically threw itself into this plant the other day--it seemed quite deliriously happy, marching right down the tube. I wonder if the local insects in the plant's native habitat are more wary--I would expect some resistance to the plant's nectary badness would develop after a few thousand years/generations.

Steve

Are you sure it's condensation and not nectar? I don't know diddley about cobra lilies, but I have nectar on the hoods of my S. catsbaei.

alien.gif

I've never seen that on mine, ditto with BCK, hop you find out!
Kevin

I get condensation sometimes in my plants.

It's been cold and dark lately--I'll check to see if the lack of light has reduced the fluid in the hoods.

Steve

I don't know if its condensation or not, but i notice beads of water inside the pitcher, near the light windows.

But then, I notice this "condensation" on unopened nep pitchers too
smile.gif

Back