What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer help

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I keep getting a pop-up saying that MediaAccess.exe is unable to load properly. I ran a search on it and found a couple of websites saying that it is ad/spyware. I need the opinion of people I can trust cause I don't want to do something to my MOM'S computer and it be harmful. If this is indeed ad/spyware, what can I do to fix it? I am using a Dell Demension 4600 with Windows XP Home Edition.

Have you tried the ever popular program Ad-Aware that is made for removing these programs? You can get it from Lavasoft here. Make sure once you install it and are ready to run it that you check for updates.... I'm pretty sure that will take care of it. That is one of the best programs I've ever used (exp for being free!) Good luck! And keep me noted on the success/failure of that.
Andrew

It was amazing...... My computer runs better and faster!!!! The first scan I ran came up with like 580 spy/adware programs! After cleaning up and fixing things my computer seems to work like nothing was ever wrong! I definately recommend it.

If Ad-aware ever fails to get rid of a problem, Spybot does a great job too. It creates a system restore point before deleting files in case something goes wrong and allows you to "immunize" your computer from spyware and adware. I use the two in consort and haven't had a problem in months. Just make sure you update and use the programs constantly. Good luck!

~ Brett

Back