What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer guru's - ? about Windows Vista

Indiana Gardener

Got Drosera?
A friend of mine has Windows Vista. Last night when she was on Yahoo IM an option appeared to "optimize" Internet Explorer 8 with Yahoo. She did that. Then, when she checked MSN hotmail a similar thing came up about "optimizing" IE with MSN. She was thinking that what she did before must not have worked and so downloaded that as well.

Now, the two versions of IE are fighting each other and freezing the computer.

She has been through the uninstall process to no avail.

It's been a good many yrs since I've had Windows, but I recall a reboot screen that gives choices on dates to reboot from to set the computer back as it was, say a few days ago? Not a full factory setting restore, just a step back in time? But I don't remember how to have her go about that.

Does anyone here know how to reboot Windows from a specified date? Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Yes Frenchy, Firefox indeed! :D

Thanks, Crissytal! I googled all over for the specifics on that and couldn't find it. I think that's what I was thinking of.

Firefox indeed! I asked her if she actually liked IE or if she could just use another browser (Firefox). She said she liked IE. Ick. LOL I just can't stand anything Microsoft. It fails and/or locks up at the slightest whim.

No problem! I hate IE. Firefox FTW!! :D

Back