What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

companion for male beta

• Thread starter ktulu
  • Start date
I have a male beta, and i have heard that they will get along with other fish as long as they are not another male beta. I was just wondering what fish would get along good with one.

Thanks
Ktulu

They get along with other anabantids; such as, the gouramis (dwaef, giant, thick lipped, kissing, blue, gold, pearl, opaline, pygmy, etc..), paradise fish, livebearers (guppies, platys, mollys, swordtails, danios (zebra, giant, etc..), most tetras (neons, cardinals, rosy, etc.. - not piranha!), rasboras (harlequin, rummy nose). That's to name a few of the common, inexpensive, colorful, and mostly easy to take care of. Have fun!

Any thing that Isn`t "nippy" paradise fish are WAY to "nippy"! Yhey will tear a betta splendens to pieces!

Alot of normally peacful fish will become "nippy" because they cant resist the bettas flowing fins. What kind of setup do you have? What temperature? What ph? What plants? What lighting?

Provision of hiding places; that is, plants will go a long way toward protecting bettas and others from getting harmed.

I'm not sure what the best companion is, but I know it is _not_ a goldfish, haha. I guess Bettas can't see too well, because it has been my experience that they always attack goldfish like they were another male Betta.

First let me say thanks for the replies.

i think i may reconsider, at least for the time being, i only have a 2.5gal aquarium right now, was going to get a 10gal, but that is going to have to wait, so i guess i will just stick with the one beta, otherwise i have to change his setup to accomidate more plants.

Thanks
Ktulu

What's wrong with another male betta
wink.gif
. Maybe you should get one of those SpEciAl divider tanks
smile.gif
. *sPeCiaL* *sPeCiaL* *sPecIal*. Bettas are pretty. :) sorry, a little hyper today.
-the Cap!
blues.gif
Better keep a LOW profile!

Take it easy there, Captain Drosera!

Hey, what happened to electric carnivores?

A lot of Betta will actually go after just about anything that moves. My girlfriend had one of hers kill an oto, and oto's don't bother anything.

It all depends on the temperment of the fish. Keep them stress free and fed and they'll adapt.

Back