What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Committee definitions

I. Inventory committee:

B. Order of Business:

1. Form a list of material on hand
2. get report from the Placement Committee as to possible space available.
3. Get a list of those Herbariums?Bot. Gardens willing to contribute material and add this to the inventory list
a) Include International interests.
4. Compile a list of Sarracenia dealers, including contact information.
5 Contact interested commercial dealers for possible donations
6 Make a final report on the potential size of the collection to the Placement Committee

II. Placement Committee

Appoint Committee members. Use those who have contact and access to either Bot. Gardens and/or land possibilities. Post inquiries as to possible options/contacts and draft those who respond.

B. Order of Business:
1. Assess the report of the Inventory Committee as to size of the collection.

2. Compile a list of possible places for the collection based on the final report of the Inventory Commission, including mailing addresses, phone numbers etc

3. Draft a report/prospective suitable to present to those interested in housing the collection, based on numbers and expenses, and amend the size as necessary.

4. Contact these possibilities with a report based on the size, and estimated costs, possible funding options as per the Cost Committee Report.

5. Explore legalities pertinent to housing the collection in whatever State is decided on, and make a report if needed to the Inventory Committee.

III> Maintenance Committee

B. Order of Business:
1. Begin discussion on long term maintenance of the collection

IV Cost Committee:
D. Order of Business:
1. Assign committee members
2. Base operational expenses on decisions made by the Placement Committee/s
3. Investigate Tax Free status relative to the Placement Committee Report relative to the State decided on to house the collection
4. Compile a list of possible funding sources, including contact information of same
Explore subscription options
Nature Conservancy Programs
Fundraisers
Donations
Possible Federal and State Support
5. Review regular Treasurer reports.
6. Draft a letter/prospective to present to the Placement Committee based on monies available to offset housing the collection expenses.
7. Work with the Public Relations Committee, and review possible strategies for public support.

V. Public Relations Committee:

D. Order of Business:
1. Assign committee members to cover each aspect of raising awareness.
a. Local (Terra Forums) representative
b. State representative
c. Federal representative
d. CP Society representative (USA and International)
e. Other Forums representative
2. Appoint fact finding sub committees, and make the facts centrally available for those drafting letters: What, who, when, why, where.
3. Create one central review agency to maintain uniformity in what is being said, printed, etc.

I didn't want a 2 page post in the nominations thread, so I put the definitions as we have come up with so far here. If you have any ideas, additions or deletions please discuss.

Paul

The maintenance committee seems to be what the inventory and placement committees will evolve into. Much of their work will be up front, much of its work will be in the future.

I nominate Ozzy for Maintainence Committee.

Someone should try and contact Steve at the Meijer Gardens. They get CPs that are confiscated by the US government and have some really nice Purples right now that are all genetically unique from Canada... not to mention they could probubly hold part of the collection too since they have so much room. I don't start volunteering till April, but I can bring it up then if you need someone too.

This is great and will work well, but where do we send information we are gathering now. Should we hold onto it? Should we stop gathering until the committees are formed?

Thanks

Back