What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

commercially available Nepenthes edwardsiana

Dexenthes if I remember correctly, Wistuba does not post any payments until the plants actually ship to the US. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I have only ordered from them 3 times in the past and cannot remember. It has been over a year since I last ordered from them.

Do you have to pay the price of the plant to get on the waiting list? It would only make sense.... If that's the case I may have to just forfeit and get one in a year or two when the price drops or I have more money again... I already bought myself a few expensive toys

No you dont have to pay for the plant or any kinda entry fee before hand. When I got on the waiting list for an Eddy, he said for me to not pay any kind of money till his next batch of Edwardsiana's were ready for release.

In that case I just shot him an email. Because by the time they are ready I will definitely have enough money!

Do you have to pay the price of the plant to get on the waiting list? It would only make sense.... If that's the case I may have to just forfeit and get one in a year or two when the price drops or I have more money again... I already bought myself a few expensive toys

Good idea.

I usually wait till these super expensive neps drop in price after a couple years. Like N. mikei, N. izumea, N. macrophylla, N. glabrata, N. argentii -- the examples are endless - just wait a little while and you'll save yourself a lot of dough. And if you don't have ideal conditions, this makes even more sense because they probably won't grow much in the time you'ld be waiting.

Good point Jeff. :D Maybe I'm just jumping the gun... but I'm itching to grow one of these bad dudes!

$30!? Our sushi Buffet is $7.99 a person but then maybe the salmonella sushi bar isn't the best after all... LOL

I've finally made "the Eddie list"! :banana2:

lol!! Sushi dinner buffet here is 22$ CDN (average) per person. The minimum is 17$ and it can be as expensive as 28$ as well. Lunch is 10-15$, but there are often fewer items available...and favourites such as Tempura shrimp are only available at dinner. :(

congrats on getting on the "eddie list". I can't seem to be resisting the temptation. :p I need to get on that list too. lol!! I wanted this plant for too long. :blush:

Since I'm only going to get absolute faves and interesting smaller species this time round instead of collecting every single Nep I can get my mitts on my price per plant can go up especially for a long-desired for centerpiece plant like this.

I asked him if there was different clones but he didn't say. I have to imagine there are a few, let's hope they're all at least orange or red and not yellow/green forms - what bummer that would be! LOL

I remember your "Nepenthes Garden" web site- I think I have got the right guy!

bill

Yep that was me, before the site crashed and I lost some 4 years of pics! :(

Good idea.

I usually wait till these super expensive neps drop in price after a couple years. Like N. mikei, N. izumea, N. macrophylla, N. glabrata, N. argentii -- the examples are endless - just wait a little while and you'll save yourself a lot of dough. And if you don't have ideal conditions, this makes even more sense because they probably won't grow much in the time you'ld be waiting.

That's what I'm gonna do, once the supply can come a bit closer to meeting the damand the price should drop from "OMG!!!!!" to "Ouch!" ;)

what is wistubia's email i can't find it on his web site. just curious what does everyone think they will turn out to be like blood red and huge teeth or medium teeth and green or not a eddy at all. i have faith and say they will be the real deal. but i've struggled with starting out tc plants so if i get one i hope i can ride the storm out.

In 2000 or wherever it was I bought an Nepenthes edwardsiana ssp. macrophylla from Germany and it was of course, just a macro. But with that extra twist in the name one gets excited...

I assume he probably has grown some early clones of this long enough to verify what they are. At least within a reasonable doubt.

Surely this "first batch" isn't really the "first" batch, just the first commercially available batch. IIRC there is some kind of guarentee on his site that plants sold will be true to name or money back or store credit. So worst case scenario you wind up with a way overpriced macro, broken dreams and the purchase price in shop credit for other plants and the wait begins all over again.

Back