What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comet Holmes

• Thread starter Anna
  • Start date

Anna

carnivorus plant collector
Hi All:

I saw the thread about Saturn and thought I would pass along some info about Comet Holmes. If you live in the Northern Hemisphere you can see this tonight!!!. Its a naked eye comet in the constellation Perseus. For more info and a night sky map go to www.skypub.com its the website for Sky and Telescope magazine.

FWIW,

Anna

I saw this in the news today! I hope it is clear tonight. Last coment i saw was hail-bopp (k i dunno how you spell it but thats what it sounds like) in... 98'? I hope i can catch another. Thanks.

This is a nice pic I got of Hale-Bopp.

Hale-Bopp.jpg

Dang! Was it last nite only?? And I was in and out of the house half the nite bringing in my orchids. I looked up at the stars many times but only a glance.

NICE photo Steve!

Hi All:

The comet will be in the sky for awhile. The only problem is the moon is rising tonight so it may be to bright to see it. I was out observing it last night and I couldnt believe how big it was and that I could even see it with the city lights.

We have a forum member that is a stormchaser and into Astronomy & Meteorology. He has tow forum names - KCstarguy & Dreric1. We also have a teen into Meteorology - Dewy.

I should be able to see it, being near Buffalo.

Back