What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, This post has succeeded in doing something to me that has rarely happened. I am mad. I am an extreamly diplomatic person, but I feel the need to say something people may not like.
First off, let me point out something special, a little friend, the small "X" box at the top of the window. He will come into play later on in this post. I am a reletivly new mod (as well as being fairly young), and I dont always feel I have the seniority to put my opinion in these types of posts. I would like to tonight, because some people I consider friends are hurt over this issue. What would happen if mods couldn't do diddly squat? Anarchy would soon follow, and Terra forums would fall into the abyiss of a certain unnamed forum in the prime of its life. Do we want that? NO. Personally, life with no forums would suck majorly.
Does this show a good impression of this forum to people who were banned, and would love nothing better than for something like this to happpen, or to new members who base this as their first impression?! NO. So why, anytime someone does something (not pointing out any starters of this thread, I consider you all an important part of the forums, and I hold most of you in high esteem) happen and a mod corrects it, trying to be helpful, cause an uproar? If you felt you were wronged, take it up with the mod you have a problem with, PRIVATELY. Which brings us to another sorely missed friend, the PM ability. Most of the mods are open minded, big people who will admit to and fix our mistakes. Why drag them through the mud when pointing out these mistakes?? BUT if you were rightfully corrected and have issues with it or us, deal with it or go to our first friend, the "X" box and CLICK IT. Do it now in fact, because I am going to suggest a new rule be made that you won't like. This "rule" has been an unspoken guideline for CENTURIES. This rule should not have to be made, it should go without saying. This rule is the very same, "Be nice", rule. Every generation someone bends this rule; lets take hitler for example. Not everyone liked what the allies HAD to stop him, but just as with the mods, you should see that it is somehow for the best. If you can't, click my good old "X" friend.

Things like this WILL make this forum unfun. Most mods feel the need to help this fourm BE THE MOST FUN IT CAN BE. The minute that it becomes unfun, Phil has my vote to pull the plug. We will all go our separate ways, and not give it a second thought. Please just be nice, you don't have to be right everytime, that's why Phil made mods. Just let the mods do their jobs.

Cole

I agree all that PAK, snowy, ozzy, nick and colieo said.  Unknownclown please don't stop being a mod because of this!  I think the biggest thing Scot said that could be hurtful was what he wrote after his misspelling list.  He said "in a post about being a college student?
sad.gif
"  I think this could be very hurtful to the person who started the topic since it suggests that college students shouldn't make spelling mistakes.  I am not a good speller at all.  Sometimes I can’t even remember how to spell simple short words like “either” and yet I too am in college. Should I not be because of this??  

This is just a forum after all, its not a paper, job application or essay.  So there really is no reason to correct someone's spelling or other English mistakes in the manner that some did.  Just my opinion.

-buckeye

I do not think UNC is leaving the forums...
rock.gif
In no way I speak for others but I just think that UNC does not want to be a mod anymore. If UNK is leaving - I will greatly miss her around the forums and truely sorry for what happened. In my mind you are a GREAT MODERATOR and a GREAT FREIND!
smile.gif
sad.gif
I can understand the pressures of a mod having to make decisions right or wrong - not is ez in my book.

Travis

Uhhh, I just wanted to say Hi Darcie, nice to see you around. If you need some new Sundews in the spring I'd be happy to send some off to you. It's got to be nice to be out of school for a bit, this was always the hardest part of the term with finals and projects due and all that socializing you're probably doing. Anyways, I have been wondering how you were doing, so thanks for stopping by. Hey, don't forget to post your photo on the "Well, it's that time of year" thread on the General Forum.

This absolutely bites the big one. My Control systems Engineering book that is. Final exam is at 9:00 A.M. in the morning and I still have two homework assignments to finish. Then you might ask...Why are you on the computer if you have an exam in the morning...because I'm a professional procrastinator.

Then I just need to take my Electro Magnetic Waves, Ordinary Differential Equations, and Advanced Communications exams. No Prob. Hmmm....I suddenly feel like a drink.

I feel for ya Darcie.

joe

P.S. If I miss spelled anything....:)~

Hello Darcie. Nice to see you around. I've been wondering where you have been.
To the rest of you I have one thing to say. "Word." (My definition of "word" used in this syntax at this time is... I agree with buckeye, PAK, snowy, ozzy, nick and colieo."
Oh, one other thing. "Be nice."
cool.gif

Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Dec. 09 2003,11:00)]Uhhh, I just wanted to say Hi Darcie, nice to see you around. If you need some new Sundews in the spring I'd be happy to send some off to you. It's got to be nice to be out of school for a bit, this was always the hardest part of the term with finals and projects due and all that socializing you're probably doing. Anyways, I have been wondering how you were doing, so thanks for stopping by. Hey, don't forget to post your photo on the "Well, it's that time of year" thread on the General Forum.
Ahhh... back on topic. I was wondering how long it would take.
rock.gif

Heya Darcie...
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (joseph @ Dec. 09 2003,5:11)]This absolutely bites the big one.  My Control systems Engineering book that is.  Final exam is at 9:00 A.M. in the morning and I still have two homework assignments to finish.  
I got you beat my frined
smile.gif
Model Systems final today. 4 questions worth 1/3 of the grade in tha class. Last year every single person in the class got 1 of the questions wrong. And the test is designed to take a minimum of 5 hours. Man I love life.

Boy, I'm so glad that college is 8 years behind me.
I still remember the pressure of finals. Yuck.
I traded that pressure in for the new model, though: WORK!

YAY!
Anyway, Darcie, keep your chin up! As we say in NY, Yehbe ah'ight!
cool.gif

Yes, Welcome back Darcie!
smile.gif

I just got home from my math 150 final. It was possibly the most difficult test I’ve ever taken!!! I had my psych final on Tues. and it wasn't too bad. On Mon. i had a paper due for English. Those were my only 3 classes this quarter so now I’m on Christmas break until January.
biggrin.gif

-buckeye

Oh, I'm currently waiting to take my Art History of China final. Why do I have to take an 8pm final? Insane..it's an elective...nothing to do with my Masters in Education: Computers and Ed.

Anyway, not to go back to that controversial part of this post but there is always a possibility of learning disabilities. I was always considered very intelligent but everyone thought I was pretty lazy and careless when it came to math (got a 5 percentile on my SATs). But it was an undiagnosed disability, and because my parents didn't believe that I was trying quite hard to understand what was going on I wasn't diagnosed until I turned 18 and went off to college (where I promptly signed up to take the tests). Point is, it takes patience, time, and understanding on the everyone's part. Cheers.

Thanks everyone for the nice post about sticking up for my bad spelling, and I'm sorry to those who it botherd and how it got everyone all mad at each other. I guess I was having a bad spelling day, sorry.

I'll try to be better about proofing post. Also, WickedThistle is rather keen ;) most of the older members know my excessive list of disablities, but I was surprised to see a newer member pick up on it. (FYI: dislexia, ADD, generalized anxioty(sp?), depression, mild neromuscular distrophy)

As to the spelling corrections, don't worry about it, the list thing doesn't bother me, but it probubly should be done via PM so it doesn't distress others.

I'm glad to see so many people are still here and I just found out about the trip to my local gardens wich sounds totally awsome. (Bring money, if we get there at a good time they will have some of the most awsome plants for sale! They have the most incredable clone of "typical" VFT ever, it looks just like the origenal painting of them, with the perfictly red inside and dark green leaves... wait all of their plants are cool... they have red varient N. Ventricosa but I think all the other neps are common varients... oh and they pot all the plants in nice big pots with really high-quality growing media and and.... must calm down, can't accomidate all of the plants)
So, hi again all
biggrin.gif

Good for you Darcie, taking all this so well.

Though I'm not in college yet, I've got a chemistry test coming up that I need to get a good grade on!

SF

Hi Darcie. I'm in college, too. Only two more tests to go before Christmas break.
biggrin.gif

You're a champ Darcie.
smile.gif
Thanks for taking it all with a grain of salt. I hope all your tests go well. And for everybody else too going through stressful times at school.
smile.gif

I also have a paper due next week, haven't started it yet. It only needs to be 1 1/2 pages, so I'm not worried
wink.gif
Heck, I don't even need the grade, I'm just taking this class for fun
biggrin.gif

Heh Darcie,

I've been on the forums longer than you! I just don't post as much. Must be that full-time job and school thing. Anyway, being in the Educational major and teaching university faculty and staff all day lets me pick up on stuff like that. Plus, I can tell since I have some mild disabilities myself, I have the same problem but with numbers though in a milder form. I couldn't even tell you what my cell phone number is, but that's what post-it-notes in the wallet are for!
laugh.gif
I'm glad you feel better.

Woops, sorry about that, I should check the sign up date, not the post #.... Anyhow, YAY! I'm free, I'm free... for a few weeks anyhow
biggrin.gif
last exam is over!

I really like your avatar Darcie.
wink.gif

Oh yeah, Here's the link to the topic about the trip to Grand Rapids.

Trip

Back