What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collection

Greetings to this particular community, and the Forum as a whole.

Who would you say has the largest collection of Mexican Pings within California or adjacent states?

I am becoming quite fond of Pings, and since I seem constitutionally unable to do anything my half measures, I am seriously considering adding 200 square feet to my greenhouse with the intent to collect one of every species of Mexican Pings. I would like to see several varieties, and to see first hand how they are kept.

Thanks

Usually there is a very good showing of Mexican pings at the LACPS meetings. Here is a good website with cultural info/pics of pings in greenhouses/under lights: A World of Pinguicula

In general, most mexican pings are very easy to cultivate. They can be grown in bright light(no direct sun), morning sun, or under 50-70%+ shade cloth.

Thanks. I'm thinking about putting shade cloth over my greenhouse. Some of the plants like it bright, even my Pings, but some are unhappy, like my Neps. I am glad to hear you say 50% shade cloth would be appropriate, because I was scared it would be too much.

Regards
Tim

Back