What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collection expansion

Hello
smile.gif
long time, no post, i know i know... hooray for being a student!

I'm actually looking to add a new Nepenthes to my collection, since i've had good luck with my ventricosa but frankly, i want something flashier ;) i'd love a rafflesiana but i'm not really sure how best to grow a lowlander like that, and i was also perusing Cook's the other day and came across a hybrid called "Marbled Dragon" which is gorgeous... any info on that one? (highland/lowland/etc)?

any advice on what species/hybrids to look for, other than these? i have a pretty basic setup, so my basic criteria are hardy and relatively inexpensive (again, student!), and preferably with speckled pitchers
smile.gif

thanx!

It might be, or it might be another hybrid
rock.gif

N. miranda is a hybrid, yes. Aswell as the new dragons, Jungle bells and Sabre.

I tend to be a species snob but some hybrids you just GOTTA get
smile.gif

i have a black dragon, its growing faster then any of my other neps, and i even chopped one of its leaves off. hybrids are generally easy as hell to grow.

personally im most proud of my judith finn at this point though. gorgeous crimson peristome and the pitchers are increasing in size by about 15% each time on opens.

bicalcarata is a little more challenging, but its definately an attention getter.

truncata is awesome and a pretty easy grower. im growing a lowlander in a highland tank and its plenty happy. sheer size is the draw of this one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 14 2006,9:46)]It's like a slutty N. ventricosa pretty much.
Hahahaha.... this hasta be the funniest CP statement I've ever heard!
And it's so true!

Back