What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody's Picture Thread

As some of you know, I pretty much only grow Sarracenia in outside in-ground bogs. I decided to divide all of my plants down to a manageable size and put in new peat. I finally got one bog done before I ran out of time and peat. This is my leucophylla and purpurea bed.

CodyVTaylor
[/URL][/IMG]

CodyVTaylor
[/URL][/IMG]

CodyVTaylor
[/URL][/IMG]

CodyVTaylor
[/URL][/IMG]

HOLY CRAP! So when can you come down for show & tell, dinner, and yard inspection?!?! Dinner's on us of course. We can grill something up..

pretty awesome dude!

:0o: Love it! Can't wait to see the other bogs and pics later in the season :-D

Snazzy lookin bog!

How do they survive the Michigan winter? I have tried Leucophylla, but they are always goners :(

Nice looking bogs, I am hoping to get one at least started this summer at my lakehouse :)

i haven't lost one over the winter in three years. this bog is about 18 inches deep and i mulch about an inch and a half with pine needles. that spot gets a lot of snow drifts, so they're pretty well insulated.

Okay, that helps. I mulched mine, but it was on the lakeshore, so I think the roots may have completely frozen, as the lake did. I might try again this year, then.

How do you get the mulch and stuff off? And also, have you tried loading the bog with some Live Sphagnum Moss? That's what I am hoping to do this summer :)

what lake? i'm by lake michigan so we get a lot of snow. i don't take the mulch off. i haven't put any sphagnum in. i didn't want to take the chance of it over whelming some of the smaller sarr divisions.

I have a lakehouse near Base Line Lake in Dexter, MI. Thanks for the help on the mulch and stuff, I just didn't know if I should take mulch off or not.

got two more bogs planted today. have about 50 more sarrs to plant and one lonely little pot of vft dente. i'm exhausted, lol.

CodyVTaylor
[/URL][/IMG]

and a pic of the three that are done so far

CodyVTaylor
[/URL][/IMG]

That's one heck of a yard you've got there. THINK of all the bogs you could fit in there.. haha.

Back