What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra bite

• Thread starter arie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cobra
If ur having problems with ur Darlingtonia try growing them in a terrarium. In my giant terrarium I am having wild success! I just bought two half-dead specimens to revive. I'll keep you updated. I dread the day when they don't fit in the terrarium (don't grow too well guys!)...

I rescued a Cobra from Lowe's earlier this Spring and it's doing great under flourescent lights. I potted it in a large plastic pot with long-fiber sphagnum. Every few days or once a week I flush the pot with rain water and let it completely drain out. The only problem is that I've had to keep a bag over the top or it wilts (like several others mentioned) but I imagine it could be weaned off the high humidity with some patience. Maybe the soda bottle idea would work for that as you could keep cutting holes in the top?!? But I think the key is the sphagnum.

Just a quick qestion, I leave my cobra's sitting in water, is this wrong? I always get Sarras amd Cobras watering systems mixed up. One of them shouldn't be watered from above right? Wich is it???

there's a section of the Pacific Crest Trail after Castle Crags State Park in northern California where there's a whole lot of Darlingtonia growing along little creeklets and springs! Especially around White Ridge. We hiked through there around the end of July a couple years ago.

So beautiful! So many of them too! Apparently they really like ultrimafic/serpentine soils and rocks which originally formed under an ocean, which is why they grow in that particular location. Anyways, if you're up for a dayhike. check them out! If you want more specific details as to exactly where let me know.

Well hey again everyone!  Thanks for welcoming me to the forums.  I was so busy last week I didn't have time to get back on here.  Odd as it sounds, I couldn't find a coke bottle anywhere around my house, so instead, I just sit the plastic lid from the Lowe's box back on the pot.  Within a few hours, the thing had perked back up again!  So I decided it HAD to be the humidity.  I've about given up trying to grow it on my desk.  I moved it out by my Koi pond in it's little pot, and it seems to be enjoying itself (and the cool nights) outside better.  Also, the other pitchers that it had when I bought it are starting to turn brown and die.  Should I cut them off, or let them just rot away?

I always had good look at cobra lilys , not a single one I ever had died . The first one I ever brought had made flowers .

Back