What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Citrosa mosquito repelling plant

anybody know the scientific name of the citrosa mosquito repelling plant , i recently recieved one today from pft . i also have no idea how to care for the plant or how it would grow , reminds me alot of geraniums that smell like that spray called off . where is this plant from too .

never mind , i looked in a serach engine and it told me already . it a hybrid between a gernaium and some grass , i wonder why phil put down that it was in the begonia family
confused.gif
. i also read that itsnot very effective at reppeling mosquitos either
confused.gif
, but it makes a good bush and if the plant grows bigger it will have a better effect at repelling mosquitos .
smile.gif

not really , citronella is produced from a grass in chine , the thing about the sitrosa mosquito reppeling plant is that its not actually a hybrid , a scientist put genes from the grass intro and ordinary geranium which give its this scent .

Are you sure about that?? I've bought citronella plants in the past.. They smell exactly like citronella candles..

i know about that , when i brought it it smelled alot like the spray that i sued to put on when i went outside . citronella is a grass , this plant is a geranium with the genes of the citronella grass which make this plant smell like citronella . this plants not very effective though , i've seen mosquitos land on it with no problem .

i was quite dissapointed a few days ago when i was walking home from school i remebered a geranaium that used to be in my way and looked alot like my citrosa so i looked at it and smelled it and it was the same thing .

Back