What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cites/esa permits needed?

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
Does one need to obtain a permit to distribute P. ionantha seeds within the United States? These are seeds collected from cultivated plants. Reading all the material on the subject, I have just confused myself.

Thanks...

I'm not sure. I know you can get around it by sending it as a gift, or trading within your state, as long as it doesn't cross state lines.

I know that this is one that is considered endangered but I ordered one from some American CP selling company last year. It may simply be like the other things where if you can prove it's cultivated in captivity then it's offspring/products can be considered Appendix II and thus distributed. But it'd require a CITES paper-or so I've heard. I didn't get a CITES paper with mine but interstate plant shipments are probably never inspected, at least not like they are at the national borders for import/export.

At worst just send the seeds listed as "Pinguicula sp." seeds!
wink.gif

Pinguicula ionantha are not on the CITES list

Back