What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrono Trigger

I got this game about a month ago to play on my old Super Nintendo system. It is the most incredible game I have ever played, hands down. I just beat Lavos, the final boss, last week. The story line was flawless, the gameplay was good and even the graphics (from a game made in 1995) looked great. Has anyone ever played this game before? I have heard that it was very popular back in the day.

It was big. It still has a large fan base and follwing.

I never played it. However, I did play Chrono Cross for the Playstation. It was very fun and time consuming (which is good). The only downside was that the plot was way too confusing (IMO).

Hell yeah! I loved that game when I was a kid. Beat the thing like 15 times. I sold it when I sold my SNES way back in the day for like $15. Apparently (at least a few years ago) its still worth like $50...more than I payed for it new haha.

But FF3 IMO, best game ever.

I tried Chrono Cross but it was.... stupid. I'll still say FF7 was the best game ever made. Ever. FF8 is a close second but FF7 was almost perfect.

I can't wait for penultimate fantasy!

Oh I loved this game!! I haven't played it in so long; can't wait until its released on virtual console. I have to agree with PK; FF3 is the best game ever.

-Neal

I tried Chrono Cross but it was.... stupid. I'll still say FF7 was the best game ever made. Ever. FF8 is a close second but FF7 was almost perfect.

I can't wait for penultimate fantasy!

I am in the middle of FF7, it rocks! So time consuming! Now I want to get FF8 and FF3 .
I've never even heard of this Chrono thing untill now.

One of my top 5 games of all time. My favorite RPG of all time. The story alone is oscar worthy.

Yup, was an awesome game with a bunch of ways to end (if I recall correctly.)

Another fine, older game to try is Breath of Fire. Like Chrono Trigger, there's a newer one that also is pretty dang good.

Yup, was an awesome game with a bunch of ways to end (if I recall correctly.)

Another fine, older game to try is Breath of Fire. Like Chrono Trigger, there's a newer one that also is pretty dang good.
I've played both of those Est. I believe I have the GameBoy version of Breath of Fire still floating around here somewhere. Chrono Trigger was fun. I've only played it through a couple times though and that was mannyyy long days ago.:-D

I missed Chrono Trigger the first time around...we didn't have an SNES growing up. (This fact relates to the origins of my username...but I digress.)

I started to play the Playstation release on September 11, 2001, at about 9 AM. I got through the first village, and then got a phone call from a relative telling me to put on the news. So yeah...never finished Chrono Trigger.

I agree that FF7 is the best game ever. If the current trend of re-releasing FF games continues, and they release it for the DS, I think I will die of happiness.

One of those games I have on the PS remakes along with all the FF games but never have the time to play the way I want to play. I wish I was ten years younger... One of these weekends my wife will be out of town and I will have nothing to work on so I can knock it out. I know I would love this game from all the reviews I have read and all my friends that have played it.

Someday when I am retired.

xvart.

Back