What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christian Dietz

Hi Christian,

I am thinking of all those excellent photos you made of the Drosera seed. Do you think you might be willing to photograph pygmy Drosera gemmae the same way? I sure would like to see a good photo reference for the gemmae.

I have plans for a sort of international website dedicated to the pygmy species, one that could be reviewed by Phill Mann for accuracy. Imagine what a cooperative international effort could produce!

So I appoint you to the post of "Recorder of the Gemmae" :)
The whole world will thank you, and it might just get you some good gemmae too.

Hi William,

Of course i am willing to help, wherever i can! But, if you consider the method i use for making these photos, i think there are other people who can do it much better than me. I only have a very bad microscope. In the near future i won't have a better one. If there is noone else willing to do the job, i will at leat try it. I would love to see such a website! I can ask some friends of mine, who have better microscope and can make better pictures.

I will try to make some picutes of gemmae from Dr. roseana immediately and post them later. Just to see, how good the pictures will be.

Christian

Christian,

Your photos are just fine my friend, and also you have the heart and interest for the job. I'd say you were the perfect man for the job. I look forward to seeing what you can do, and thank you very much for being willing! I would try the job myself, but I am a little busy this time of year like a hybrid Charles Darwin x Santa Claus, hee hee. Good gemmae photos are very diagnostic, and will help growers check the plants ID's before even planting the gemmae. Even allowing for the inevitable errors, this will be of great assistance during the gemmae season, and hopefully they can be part of my planned webpage if they (and it) work out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Christian Dietz @ Nov. 01 2003,10:02)]Hi,

Here is my first try :

Christian
that looks great!
biggrin.gif

I also have a microscope with a camera attachment...Not fancy, but it would do the job.
but for some reason I can't get it to attach on!
tounge.gif
wow.gif

I have a disecting sterio-microscope and a cammera, anyone know an easy way of putting the two together? If am to do seed analysis this would be very handy.

George

I have a suggestion, and something I would be glad to do if felt that it is needed.  How about sizing the gemmae and the seed.  I have the tools for size and weight.   The information can go with the pitures.  That way they will have a good idea of what the gemmae or seed look like and the size it should approximately be as well.  Would this be of any help?  or has it already been done anyway?

Christian, you take a wonderful photo!

Back