What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chlorophytum comosum

Common names: spider plant, airplane plant.

I have never grown spider plants from seeds, nor do I know how. Perhaps someone else has??

If, Raw, you have not yet obtained the seeds from wherever, I suggest you stick with buying an established plant as opposed to seeds. If you already have the seeds, I can't help you much. Sorry.

Care info can be found here.

Chris

ya i have a prety huge mother plant that sent out shoots a while ago first time really, i just want seeds because of what i know on,
asexual and
sexual reproduction
wink.gif
thx DE

Hmmm.... I know this from experience, draw your own conclusions as I do not know what it means:

I took one baby plant, hung it in water, three medium thick roots developed

I took another baby plant and at the same time planted it in a regular medium, but with pure perlite in the whoel i was sticking it in. This plant developed FAT bulbous roots... The whole root was not inflated looking, but had i left it in there longer it would have been. It got FAAAAAT from the top moving toward the bottom of the roots... Only two roots were produced.

I started them both at the same time...

Back