What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cheers but

• Thread starter benjy1hart
  • Start date
cheers but the mold is also growing around my pot nd i mean all around my pot shall i scrape all that off

All mould is bad, get rid of it all. Maybe your plant is not getting enough air circulating around it, try opening a window if its on a windowsill. If you keep the plant in a terrarium, make sure the lid has air wholes or make some yourself.

It could also be possible the water is causing it, because when i used your water i started to grow a bit of mold, until i bought some de-ionisied wtter and tried to start to collect rainwater it went (after i took it all of though)

In addition to the above comments on air circulation, if you have some leaf mulch or other organic debris in your pots it will drive the mold growth something fierce, fuzz everyware. Try top watering each pot with about a pint of distilled water to leach anything soluble out then discard the water from your water tray and replace it with dist. water. If the mold comes back do it again until it goes away. Otherwise, do what I do and ignore it (unless it starts climbing the plants). In my collection the green goo seems to over run the fungi after one or two months.

Back